I love the California rolls I get at sushi restaurants and wanted to capture those flavors in a sandwich I could take to work. I started with the standard ingredients, added a few others and came up with a hit.
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- Divide the wasabi mayonnaise evenly among the 6 tortillas and spread to within 1/2 inch of edges. Layer with crabmeat, avocado, jicama, red pepper, cucumber and bean sprouts. Roll up tightly.
Test Kitchen tipsIf you can’t find wasabi mayo, or don’t like the spicy kick, use regular mayo instead.This sandwich lends itself to many flavor options. Toss in your favorite raw veggies, substitute smoked salmon or tuna for the crab and use half a pita instead of the tortilla.Making this ahead of time? Toss avocado slices with a splash of rice wine vinegar or lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
1 wrap: 365 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends