I couldn’t say who loves this recipe best, because it gets raves every time I serve it! Occasionally I even get a phone call or email from a friend requesting the recipe, and it’s certainly a favorite for my grown children and grandchildren.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 16 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 6 pounds)
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon zest, divided
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat and cover. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread 1 cup rice into each of 2 greased 13×9-in. baking dishes. Top each with 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 8 chicken thighs and half the marinade. Top with sliced lemons.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°, 15-20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest.
2 chicken thighs with 3/4 cup rice mixture: 624 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 53g protein.