Pomegranates make dessert festive and bright with a burst of juicy sweetness. These pomegranate bars are no exception.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 cups (12 ounces ) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13×9-in. pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides. Lightly grease parchment with cooking spray. In a food processor, combine flour, sugar and cocoa; pulse until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture appears sandy. Add egg and vanilla; pulse just until combined. Press dough into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle dough with sesame seeds. Bake until top appears dry and toothpick comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with coconut, almonds and chocolate chips. Pour condensed milk evenly over top; return to oven. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds; press gently into warm topping with back of a spoon. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan. Cut into bars.
1 bar: 176 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends