With all its fresh ingredients, this pretty spinach salad was my mom’s favorite. Even my little ones like it (but don’t tell them spinach is good for them)!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 13 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Whisk first 4 ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- In a 13×9-in. dish, layer half of each of the following: spinach, onion, mushrooms and eggs. Repeat layers. Drizzle with dressing; top with bacon.
Health Tip: Skip the bacon and this is an easy meat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free potluck dish!
1-1/4 cups: 280 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends