This recipe represents my philosophy of cooking to its best – cooking with love. A good test to see if you have enough cream in the recipe is to gently press on the top of the layers (once finished). If there is enough cream, you should see it coming out on the sides, but not overflowing. Letting the au gratin rest is very important . . . even though it is so delicious that you would want to jump right in. If you like onions, slice thinly and add in between the layers.
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds red potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine the first five ingredients. Layer a third of the potatoes and 2/3 cup cheese mixture in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes; pour cream over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake, covered Cover for 65 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375°. Uncover; bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, 25-30 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
3/4 cup: 378 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends