- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups Madeira wine
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; layer with prosciutto and mozzarella. Roll up chicken from a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- Place eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in eggs, then roll in crumbs to coat. Cut each chicken breast crosswise into three slices; place in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish, cut side down. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove chicken from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook and stir until tender, 1-2 minutes. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1-1/2 cups. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 30-35 minutes. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends