1 pie crust shell, baked (9 – 12 inch pie pan)
1 1/2 c water
1 1/2 c sugar
4 Tbsp corn starch
1 small box strawberry jello
2 1/2 qt strawberries, fresh (or more!!! for taller pie!!)
whip cream for topping or cool whip
whole or sliced strawberries
1. Bake your favorite pie shell and set aside to be filled later.
2. Mix together with a whisk: Water sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add the strawberry Jell-O and whisk and stir until well blended and jello is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool (don’t let it get set, just cooled).
3. Wash the strawberries, pat dry, remove the hulls. Cut strawberris in half (or leave whole!!). Gently fold the strawberries into the Jell-O mixture.
4. Pile the strawberries up in the baked pie shell (it will look like a hill). Refrigerate at least an hour.
5. *** Serve as is, or with a spoonfull of whip cream or cool whip and a strawberry on top. *** Cover the entire hill of strawberries with whipped cream or cool whip. Place some strawberries on top to garnish.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Mile High Strawberry Pie!