Back to Top
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz provolone cheese slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add ground beef, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, to a large skillet and cook until browned. Remove beef to a plate and set aside.
- Add butter, onions, and peppers to the skillet and brown until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet and stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Mix cornstarch into a 2 tablespoons of the beef broth and add to pan. Stir in rest of beef broth.
- Let simmer until most liquid has absorbed and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Remove from heat, add provolone cheese and serve on toasted hamburger buns.