It’s an incredibly slow cooker meal. Not only is it hearty, rich, and delicious, but it’s also so easy to prepare. The slow, low heat cooking of the chicken for several hours makes it tender and tasty. The noodles take on the flavor of the chicken and the creamy soup makes the whole pot irresistible. Even the pickiest eater will clean his plate. It will soon become a new family favorite!
Serves:4 – 6 – Prep:10 Min – Cook: 8 Hr
- 1 pkg frozen egg noodles, 24 ounce
- 2 can(s)cream of chicken soup, 14.7 oz each; sometimes I use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
- 1 stick(1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
- 1 can(s)chicken broth, 32 oz; may want extra to thin out if too thick. The frozen noodles thicken the broth.
- mixed vegetables, optional; I didn’t use this time
- 1 tsp butter Than Bullion, optional; I add for a richer chicken flavor
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large
- ·salt & pepper, to taste; can add some parsley too if desired
- Chicken breasts salt and pepper.
- Place at bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spoon soup over chicken.
- Cut the butter into several pieces and spread them evenly over the soup.
- Whisk the broth with the stock.
- Pour over the soup.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and put on low heat. Cook for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and tear it into pieces.
- Return to the crock.
- Now add the noodles; if you add vegetables, add them now. Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles is tender. Stir several times during the last 2 hours. (You may want to add some broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as homemade noodles thicken the broth, which we like. )
- Sprinkle with parsley and mix if you use it at the end of cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve. Yummy!
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends