Gather zucchini from your garden or farmers market and start cooking. My family goes wild for this wholesome casserole. You can grate the zucchini if you’d like.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles. Drain and remove sausage from pan.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, rice, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1-1/3 cups: 394 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends