- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate and butter; let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Pour into prepared tart shell. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In the top of a double boiler or in a metal bowl over simmering water, combine egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar. Beat on low speed 1 minute. Continue beating on low until a thermometer reads 160°, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; beat on high until stiff glossy peaks form and mixture is slightly cooled, about 5 minutes.
- Spread meringue over tart. If desired, heat meringue with a kitchen torch or broil 2 in. from heat until meringue is lightly browned, 30-45 seconds. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 332 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends